Many of the world’s leading financial services, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and technology companies have chosen Ireland as a business destination.
A globally recognized combination of highly educated, skilled and flexible workforce and stable pro-business environment has helped ensure Ireland delivers for investors time after time. These benefits are also strengthened by Ireland’s long term commitment to 12.5% corporate tax rate.
The 2008-2012 Business Environment Ranking of the Economist Intelligence Unit placed Ireland 11th globally out of 82 countries, naming it as one of the most attractive business locations in the world. Furthermore, Forbes 2011 named Ireland as the best country in Europe in which to do business.
Winners choose Ireland because it is:
- 1st for flexibility and adaptability of workforce
- 1st for attitudes to globalisation
- 1st for investment incentives
- 3rd for availability of skilled labour
Source: IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2013
Ireland offers investors:
- A globally competitive 12.5% corporate tax rate
- A transparent, robust and stable tax system
- A thriving R&D environment
- Strong government support for research and innovation
- A young, highly educated, talented and flexible workforce
- A track record of working with international investors
- English speaking membership of the EU
- A proven pro-business environment within the Eurozone
- Irish competitiveness has improved significantly: business costs including energy, private rents, office rents, services, construction and labour have all become more competitive.
Other published comments:
According to the World Bank, Ireland is in the Global Top Ten in terms of ease of starting a business.
Source: World Bank Doing Business 2012
Irish labour productivity exceeds that of many other countries including the US, UK, France, Germany, Japan and The Netherlands.
Source: IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2013.
Living & Working in Ireland
Ireland scores in the top rankings in international quality of life studies – ahead of countries such as Britain, Canada, France and Singapore.
Businesses are attracted by the beautiful unspoiled environment, vibrant social and cultural opportunities and ease of access from other countries.
Ireland is also renowned for its outstanding scenery, its wide range of sporting facilities and the welcoming attitude and friendliness of its people.
Ireland is ranked seventh in the world for quality of life in the most recent United Nations Development Programme’s Human Development Report “Human Development Indices – A
Statistical Update 2013.”
Ireland is always open for business and Ctas is here to assist you in achieving your business objectives. Whether you are a multinational corporation, an entrepreneurial start-up or a
For more information please contact us in strictest confidence.